DPN Conversations are monthly briefings for state leaders, staffers, advocates, and journalists interested in learning about transformative state policies for deepening democracy. Each month, DPN brings in a panel of experts, advocates, and legislators to share their story and answer questions about the nuts and bolts of raising up an inspiring and impactful state policy idea. Videos from past DPN Conversations — on ideas ranging from Public Pharmaceuticals and Social Housing to Cooperatives and Restorative Justice — can be found here.
A tentative schedule of DPN Conversations is below — and will update throughout the year. To learn more or to suggest a policy you think should be featured in a DPN Conversation, email Mike@DemocracyPolicy.network.
Upcoming DPN Conversations
- April 5, 2023: Non-Carceral First Responders
- May 3, 2023: Local News Dollars
- June 7, 2023: Cooperatives
- July 5, 2023: Citizen Assemblies
- August 2, 2023: Prison Voting
- September 6, 2023: Local News Dollars
- October 4, 2023: Social Housing
- November 1, 2023: Drug Decriminalization
- December 6, 2023: Municipal Energy and Internet
Past Videos DPN Conversations
Below are a sampling of past DPN Conversations. For a full set of videos, see DPN's Youtube page.
March 1, 2023: Civil Legal System Reform
February 8, 2023: Green Finance
May 20, 2022: Restorative Justice
May 16, 2022: Public Pharmaceuticals
December 14, 2021: The Promise of State Public Advocate Office
October 20. 2021: Social Housing